Introducing Dulux Trade Plus SmartShield+
In the UK, the exterior of many properties are left undecorated and therefore exposed to the elements. In response we have launched Dulux Trade Plus SmartShield+, an invisible exterior waterproofing coating that had been specifically formulated to reduce water penetration into solid walls without sealing the surface, allowing the wall to breathe and dry-out; helping to improve thermal efficiency.
Helping walls to stay dry and reducing heat loss, while at the same time retaining the look and feel of a property.
- P103840-1000 Issue 1
- P103840-1001 Issue 1
- Reduces water penetration †
- Provides invisible protection
- Fast spray application
- Protection for up to 10 years
- Resistant to the effects to UV damage
*Dulux Trade Plus SmartShield+ allows moisture contained within a wall to leave in the form of water vapour.† Compared to untreated substrates.
How to apply SmartShield+
We recommend spraying Dulux Trade Plus SmartShield+ for larger surfaces, using low pressure to avoid excessive mist/over-spray, but it can also be applied using Brush or Roller.
SmartShield+ is supplied ready to use and should not be thinned or dilluted.
- Walls must be sound, clean and dry
- Areas affected by mould, lichens and algae
must be treated
- Damaged joints, cracks and other defects
must be repaired.
- Protecting fixed items and taking care to avoid excessive mist and overspray, work from the bottom to the top
of walls to ensure maximum impregnation.
- For best results, apply until substrate is fully saturated
and sags/rurns of 10-20cm appear.
- Only highly porous substrates 2-3 coats
are recommended, while on less absorbent sufraces,
only one coat may be needed.
- Walls are usually recoatable within 30 minutes,
once Dulux Trade Plus SmartShield+ has been