Product Spotlight: Dulux Trade Weathershield Smooth Masonry
Before the temperature turns and another winter is upon us, there's a window of opportunity to get your remind your customers to get their exteriors ready for the winter weather. It's likely your customer won't be very informed on the latest paint systems for exteriors, so having a good product to recommend will help to sell in your work. Dulux Trade Smooth Masonry is just the product for the job - here's eight reasons you can be confident in specifying it to your customer:
1. Dulux Trade Weathershield Smooth Masonry can be used on masonry, render, concrete, pebble dash and brickwork, so can be used across a variety of your customers' homes. It's even and flat finish taps into the current trend for smooth, matt interiors exteriors your customer will be looking for.
2. Providing the surface is in good condition, Weathershield Smooth Masonry doesn’t require a primer, keeping costs down by saving time and material costs.
3. It has all the benefits of a water-bourne coating; a quick drying time (drying in approximately two to four hours); low VOCs and ease of clean up.
4. Knowing the British weather, dry weather is never guaranteed. Weathershield Smooth Masonry is rainproof in 30 minutes.
5. It's an investment for your customers - once painted, your client's exterior has a 15 year weather protection guarantee.
6. If your clients' exterior iis in less than perfect condition, Dulux Trade Weathershield Smooth Masonry is a clever way to hide imperfections thanks to its opacity and good coverage - it has a 15m square per litre coverage rate.
7. With our Paint Mixing range, you can offer your customer the pick of a spectrum of colours to suit their style.
Tips for application
Dulux Trade Weathershield Smooth Masonry can be brush or roller applied.
Leave four hours between coats
If using more than one can, it is advisable to mix them together in a larger container or finish in a corner before starting a new can.
Do not use on common or Fletton bricks.
Apply only in dry conditions, above 10°C and when bad weather is not forecast.
If the surface is still powdery after thorough preparation, seal it with a coat of Weathershield Stabilising Primer. Do not use this primer to seal sound surfaces. If you seal a new or bare surface, thin the paint by adding 1 part of water to 5 parts of paint.
Find out more about Dulux Trade Weathershield Smooth Masonry