Dulux Trade Sterishield is the ideal water-based interior emulsion for healthcare facilities, including operating theatres. An effective infection prevention strategy is a key aspect of quality according to the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE).
It has the power to inhibit bacteria within 12 hours of contamination, preventing the spread of infection in conjunction with good hygiene practice, and is proven in independent tests to be effective against MRSA, E.coli and Pseudomonas Aeruginosa. Furthermore anti-bacterial activity is increased by washing and the decorative surface will withstand repeated cleaning to extend maintenance cycles.
Active silver bactericide
Already proven in a wide range of medical applications, the Sterishield active anti-bacterial ingredient is notified under the Biocidal Products Directive for product type 2, enabling continued use for hygiene coatings. It is active at very low concentration. Washing, far from damaging the paint, results in increased anti-bacterial activity.
Benefits of Dulux Trade Sterishield
- Inhibits bacteria within 12 hours of contamination
- Increased anti-bacterial activity when washed
- Ideal in high use areas that need regular cleaning
- Finish and anti-bacterial effectiveness withstand repeated cleaning, extending maintenance cycles
- Suitable for use with approved NHS cleaning regime
- Available in washable finishes, stain resistant Diamond Matt or durable Eggshell
- Water-based and non-hazardous
- Ideal for hospitals, clinics, care homes, kitchens and food preparation