STEP 1: Hammerite Rust Remover Gel
• Use a wire brush to remove loose rust.
• Brush apply Hammerite Rust Remover Gel liberally.
• Work the gel into the surface.
• Leave for 15-20 minutes then wash off with water.
• If the rust has not been completely removed, repeat the process, applying additional gel as necessary at 30 minute intervals for a period of 2 to 3 hours or until rust is removed. Note that under some conditions a light deposit of flash rust can develop. This can be washed off or overcoated when dry.
• Wash off any residual gel and allow to dry before painting.
• To prevent new rust forming, the surface should be overcoated the same day. For best results use Hammerite metalcare range.
• After use, remove as much Gel as possible from brushes before cleaning with running water using a wire brush to assist.
STEP 2: Hammerite No.1 Rust Beater
• Stir paint thoroughly.
• Apply 2 coats, allowing at least 6 hours between coats.
Corrosion resistant, Compatible with most topcoats, Can be applied direct to rust, Anti-corrosive primer for ferrous metals, Solvent based