As great as your ambitions for your school environment are, budget will always be an issue.
That’s why fundraising is so important - to boost your resources and inspire your school, community and others.
Your ideas are infectious - people will be interested in your story and want to help. Here are some ideas on how you could do this.
Build your story - people respond to stories, so make yours inspiring and relevant to the community. Areas to cover:
- The school and the people in it
- The space and its current use
- What teachers and pupils want from the project
- What impact it will have
- What target budget you need for delivery
- Make a video - to bring your story to life. No need for Hollywood-style productions! Simply use a video-making app on your phone or computer.
- Crowdfunding - sites like crowdfunder.co.uk already support school projects. Check these out and think about how your pitch can distinguish itself from the rest.
- Share your crowdfunding pages with your network - maximise your reach by promoting your pitch on local and social media and sending it to @SmarterSpaces16 for us to promote too.
- Deliver the project - when you hit your fundraising target, youâre ready to go. And don’t delay - your supporters will want to see results.
- Share the results - to show people the impact their contribution has had, invite supporters to your school or create a video at the end of the project to share.