Finding the best decorating contractor for your job can be a challenge.
That’s why we’ve devised this step-by-step guide, supported by Dulux Trade’s Contract Partnership scheme - the largest network of quality assured contractors in the UK.
- Scoping - the more specific your project aims are at the start, the easier the rest of the process will be. So give as much detail as you can - timings, budget, dimensions, product specifications, etc.
- Identify potential partners - visit the Dulux Trade Contract Partnership website where we can help you match with a high-quality contractor. Call us on 0115 966 7690 and we’ll guide you through the process.
- Send invites to tender - having found a number of contractors that match your needs, send them as much information about your project from your original scope. The contractor will then reply as quickly as possible. It’s best to send invites to tender to more contractors than you need as some might be booked up.
- Send full tender - once you’ve chosen your group of contractors that you want to take forward to tender, send them any developments that weren’t included in your original invite.
- Site visit - arrange for your contractors to visit your school, ask questions and give you a precise quote.
- Make your decision - take your time to get it right. If you think your initial choice is the wrong one, don’t be afraid to go back a few steps.
- Preliminary job - as best practice we recommend that the contractor completes a small job before starting your project. With this trial, you can agree standards and avoid future disagreements.
By following these steps, you’ll find a contractor who’s skilled, experienced and perfect to help you deliver your project.