You’ve done it! Now your project is complete you should shout about it. Here are our tips for doing just that.
- Content - Take lots of photos and videos at every stage of your project so you can capture the transformation. The most important part of any project is its impact on teaching and learning, so be sure to interview teachers and pupils too.
- Video - One final task for your project team: to produce a film that outlines the experience and to promote it within the school and online.
- Event - Hold a grand opening to showcase your project. Invite parents and community leaders and encourage teachers and pupils to speak at the event - their testimony is the strongest endorsement.
- Influencers - Invite your MP and other representatives - including councillors, mayors and Regional School Commissioners - to your grand opening. Make it the occasion your efforts deserve!
- Media - Invite local newspapers and TV and radio stations to cover the opening. Emphasise the potential for strong visuals, interviews with your MP, headteacher and other community leaders. Circulate photos and a press release to local media too.
- Social Media - If your school is on Facebook and Twitter, promote your project there, tagging key people to build the biggest audience. Also tag all your photos with #SmarterSpaces or @SmarterSpaces16 and we’ll share your great work with our network.