Our customers' need for sustainable solutions continues to grow, and we seek to deliver both lower impact paints and also innovative coatings with positive environmental and/or well-being benefits. These products are designed with real-world demands in mind.
We know that in delivering sustainable solutions, we must also deliver all the things you have come to know and trust about our brands. That is why when we look to make changes to products or launch new solutions we specify that they must:
- Meet our proactive product stewardship policies
- Match or exceed the market's expectation of quality
- Beautify and protect the intended substrate
We aim to reduce the environmental footprint of our product portfolio without compromising quality by:
- Switching solvent-based products to water-based
- Working with suppliers to make our raw materials less carbon intensive
- Exploring the use of renewable and recycled materials
- Lightweighting and increasing the recycled content of our packaging
Environmental Product Declarations
Our new Environmental Product Declarations enable our customers to compare the environmental benefits of a wide range of our Dulux Trade products. Known as EPDs these externally accredited documents, clearly show the environmental impacts of a product across its lifecycle and describe a product's features in a consistent and comparable way.
As opposed to the more generic eco-labelling system, EPDs actually provide transparency around the exact impact of a product. An eco-label simply indicates that the product is compliant with a particular programme whereas an EPD provides both quantified and externally verified data on each stage of the product's lifecycle.
Our specifier customers have told us that this is what they are looking for - externally accredited information helping them to make informed decisions and in turn create more sustainable specifications.
- VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) are solvents, which readily evaporate and are converted into CO² in the atmosphere.