Terms and Conditions
The Dulux Smarter Spaces Competition - Terms and Conditions
- 1. Please read these Terms & Conditions before entering.
- 2. By entering you are agreeing to them and failure to comply with them may result in disqualification.
- 3. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE DULUX SMARTER SPACES COMPETITION ("the Competition")
- 4. In the event of unforeseen circumstances outside Dulux's ("we", "us") reasonable control. We reserve the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Terms & Conditions without notice. Any changes will be posted either on this page or on the Dulux Smarter Spaces website.
- 5. Entries are only open to schools based in mainland England, Scotland or Wales and entries can only be made by a teacher ("you") at the relevant school and must include proof of permission from the Head Teacher or funding body for the transformation to take place in the given time period.
- 6. Entries from teachers who are close (first blood line) of an employee of Dulux, Lucre, Refinery, AnalogFolk, Portland, Orillo, PromoVeritas or anyone else professionally connected with the Competition are not allowed.
- 7. An individual teacher is only permitted to make one entry for a school, however the school can be nominated by any number of teachers, for either the same or different projects.
- 8. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete to the best of your knowledge.
- 9. We reserve the right to check eligibility and agreement of the school / Head Teacher to participate in the Competition. If your school is shortlisted we will seek confirmation from your school of the validity of your entry.
- 10. The contact details you provide with your Competition entry will be used to notify you of any prizes so please make sure they are correct.
- 11. All entries must be submitted at www.duluxtradepaintexpert.co.uk website
- by a teacher at an eligible school
- within the stated time period: 23.59 25th April - 23.59 16th June 2017l
- state entry as being either for the Primary or the Secondary school categories
- include a maximum 1800 character response to "What space would they like to improve through the use of colour and why". Hints and Tips on what to include in your Competition Entry can be found on the website.
- And you may, optionally, include up to 4 uploaded photographs showing the proposed 'space' before redecoration (The images will not be directly judged but may be useful in support of bringing your application to life)
- include proof of agreement from the school Head Teacher to participate
- If applicable, include proof of parental consent for the inclusion of images of pupils in any uploaded photos submitted with your entry
- 12. Grand Prize: One grand prize will be awarded in each school category, 1 x Primary school; 1 x Secondary school.
- 13. Each prize consists of a colour and design consultation with a Dulux expert, Dulux Trade decorative coatings for the decoration project and a selected painting contractors time and expenses to a total maximum value of £10,000 (inc VAT). (This should be sufficient to redecorate approximately three classrooms and two communal spaces e.g. hallways, foyers, entrance halls etc.) It does not include furnishing, flooring or fixtures, which if required will need to be funded separately by the winning school.
- 14. Although the actual transformation should be inspired by the ideas in the original submission, reasonable variation from the submission will be acceptable, based on the outcome of a site visit, conversations with the winning school and the design consultation.
- 15. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for a cash equivalent in any circumstances
- 16. Exact dates for the completion of the transformation will be subject to mutual agreement between us and the winning schools, but is likely to take place either in the October half term 2017 or the Christmas holidays 2017.
- 17. Second Prizes: The 10 non-winning finalists will each receive £200 of Dulux Decorator Centre Vouchers.
- 18. Early Bird Prize: The first 50 entrants received will be sent a cuddly Dulux dog toy. Please allow 28 days from the closing date for delivery of physical prizes.
- 19. The Competition will be run in three stages:
- 19th June 2017: Preliminary judging - all valid entries will be considered by an independent panel who will select the best 6 entries in each of the Primary and Secondary School categories to be finalists.
- Shortlisted schools will be contacted to confirm their agreement to proceed to the next stage of the competition within 3 days of the preliminary judging being completed. They will have 3 working days to confirm their agreement to participate in the next stage. If we have not received confirmed agreement within the 3 working days we reserve the right to add an alternate school to the next stage of the competition.
- From 3rd July - 8th September 2017: those 12 shortlisted entries will be showcased on www.schoolofdreams.co.uk and open to a public vote; only one vote person, per school category is permitted.
- 11th - 13th September 2017: The 3 top voted schools, Primary and Secondary, will then be reviewed by an expert panel of judges, including Matthew Burton to select the 2 final winners, one Primary, one Secondary. They will be looking for entries that:
- Are likely to make the biggest difference to the school environment or have a transformational impact on behaviour / teaching
- Demonstrate great vision or imagination
- Link to the Smarter Spaces Design principles
- 14th September 2017: Winning schools will be announced via social media and on the Dulux Smarter Spaces website
- 20. If at any stage in the Competition a school is disqualified from the Competition or they cannot be contacted after reasonable efforts have been made by Dulux, they will forego the right to progress to the next stage or claim the prize.
- 21. We reserve the right to use all content submitted at our discretion for publicity purposes
- 22. Short-listed and winning schools will be required to participate in reasonable publicity including, but not limited to:
- Inclusion in media stories targeting national, regional and trade media
- Inclusion in Smarter Spaces' social media campaign
- Photo-call at winning school to photograph the transformation and the finished result
- Attendance of a school representative at a Round Table event (to be held when the winner is announced on September 14th 2017 at one of the winning schools. Travel costs will be provided for representative from the other winning school.)
- 23. We undertake to use reasonable efforts to maintain adequate e-mail, internet and other communication links but is not otherwise responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, incomplete or unintelligible entries; problems arising from users' electronic devices; undelivered notifications; other user errors.
- 24. Late, illegible, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- 25. If your entry is disqualified, Dulux is under no obligation to publish this fact on the Dulux Smarter Spaces website or anywhere else.
- 26. We will seek to undertake the completion of the transformation in the winning schools with appropriate skill and care, however we cannot be held responsible for any actions or omissionâs outside of our reasonable control or expectations.
- 28. In addition, if we have your consent, entering schools agree to be contacted by the Smarter Spaces sales team with regard to their planned project(s).
The promoter is: AkzoNobel UK, Wexham Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL2 5DS